- Our site places small text files (cookies) on your device. These are mainly ‘session’ cookies which will only exist whilst you are on our site. We also track cookies using Google analytics, including opening rates, pages visited and IP address. We cannot identify you as an individual and we store no personal data from them.
- In our website we use third party products (e.g. You Tube and Issuu) which are embedded content. These have their own cookie policies so please refer to their sites.
- To disable cookies:
IOS Safari: Settings / Safari / Privacy & Security / Block Cookies
droid: Settings / Device / Applications / Internet / Privacy
Privacy and GDPR Policy
Hunter & Partners Limited (‘Hunters’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are the data controller and will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (‘GDPR’), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any laws which relate to the processing of personal data (‘data protection legislation’).
The following sets out Hunters’ policies regarding your data and how we will process and treat it.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website
- Client advisers and consultants
- Tenants, leaseholders and occupants of our clients’ properties
We have a separate Privacy and Employee Data Protection Policy relating to our employees’ personal data.
1 Collection of Information
Information about you may be collected in the following ways:
- When you visit our website
- When we provide professional services to you
- When we deal with you on behalf of a client or as a member of a project team
- When we obtain your information from third parties
- When you or your business provide services to us or to our clients
- When you provide us with information in order we can provide you with details of our services
- When you provide us with your business card and you confirm we may hold your contact details
- When you request to be invited to our events
- When you apply to be employed by us or submit your curriculum vitae
2 Categories of Information
The categories of information we collect may include the following and other related personal data:
- Your contact information including your name, organisation name, business address, email address and contact telephone numbers
- Information about your visit to our website stored on your device using cookies
- Information necessary for us to provide you with professional services
- Professional information such as details of your qualifications and employment
- Information about you from publicly available registers and other public sources
3 Uses of Your Information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide professional services to you and to our clients
- When you provide services or supply goods to us
- To comply with our professional responsibilities
- To respond to requests you put to us
- To provide you with information regarding services we provide, to provide updates about us, to invite you to events we hold, and to market our services. We will never sell your information to third parties
- As part of our recruitment process
- To improve our services following client feedback including gathering data to establish KPIs
- To improve the content of our website and suitability for your device
- We do not currently carry out any automated decision making based on your information
- We will periodically review this policy and if we change the way we use your information we will amend our policy and notify you
4 Lawful Basis
We will only use your information where we have a lawful basis to do so.
The lawful basis on which we use your information will depend on the relationship between us.
The most common basis for our clients and suppliers will be a contract between us or steps taken to enter into that contract.
We may use your information if it is in our legitimate interests to do so. We will only do so if our interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms and if our use of your information is necessary.
Our legitimate interests include:
- Pursuing our client’s instructions
- Managing our organisation
- Our recruitment process
- Carrying out our obligations to our employees
- For the detection and prevention of crime
- Complying with our professional obligations
The legal basis of providing marketing information to you is usually your consent or if it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
5 Visitors to our Website
We may collect and process personal data about you when you visit our website. We will retain details such as traffic data, location data, your IP address, other communication data, and the resources that you access (see under Cookies below)
The legal basis for collecting this information when you visit our website is to manage our business and monitor the information we make available about our services.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- Improve our services and our website
We will only use your information in this way if our interests are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms and if our use of your information is necessary.
7 Website Links
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. Please note that if you follow a link to any of these sites, different terms will apply to the collection and privacy of your personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check before you submit your information to these websites.
8 Clients, Client Advisers and Consultants
We will collect details such as name, organisation name, business address, email address and contact telephone numbers of individuals in order to provide services to clients or prospective clients, as well as clients’ advisers and other consultants.
We will use the personal data you provide to us to comply with our contractual obligations arising from the agreements we enter into with you as a client or through an adviser you appoint.
We will use client personal data for our legitimate interests including requesting optional feedback about our performance (KPIs) where we have a contract with you or your organisation, and, with your consent, keeping you informed by email about us and events we may be holding.
We will collect details such as contact names, address, email address and telephone number in order to contact you about goods and/or services we have ordered from you, to comply with our contractual obligations and to place further orders. We will keep your personal information for as long as we may require your goods and/or services, after which we will delete it.
10 Tenants, Leaseholders and Occupants of our Clients’ Properties
Where our clients require us to survey or visit their properties we will limit the personal information we gather to the minimum required to enable us to carry out our services. We will agree the protocols for data protection with our clients and obtain their specific consent to the arrangements. We will securely store such information and make it available only to those members of our staff who require it to undertake our work. Once access to properties is no longer required any personal data will be erased, and any reports on properties will be identifiable solely by address.
We may use your personal data to provide you with details via email about our services, and business updates and events which we think may be of interest.
We will ask you to opt-in to receive this information.
To be removed from our records please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not send marketing messages by text (SMS).
Where you have accepted an invitation to an event hosted by us, we will include your name and organisation in the printed guest list which will be made available to all those attending the function (unless at the time of accepting the invitation you request your details are excluded).
Where you have subscribed to receive marketing information from us we will keep your personal data until you unsubscribe or if after 3 years you have not opened the marketing email.
12 External Providers
We use the services of trusted external providers for processing certain data including personal information. We ensure these providers comply with the requirements of GDPR and data protection legislation and that our written agreements with the providers contain these provisions.
We remain the ‘data controller’ and manage the security protocols for accessing data held through these arrangements. Such providers include organisations such as Microsoft cloud services, Campaign Monitor, Survey Monkey, and our website designers, marketing consultants and related IT companies.
We may store guest lists temporarily on an event management tool, and once the event has taken place any personal data will be removed and the lists will only be stored internally by us.
13 International Transfers
We may transfer personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) on the basis that such country, territory or organisation is designated as having an adequate level of protection or that the organisation receiving and processing the information has provided adequate safeguards by way of binding corporate rules or standard data protection clauses or of compliance with an approved code of conduct.
14 Data Security and Classification
Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers or those of the third-party providers referred to above. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure.
Where appropriate for confidential and sensitive information, we adopt secure transfer technologies requiring authentication, and which tracks those data transfers.
Where appropriate we classify different categories of personal data.
In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted by email or via our website, and any such transmission is at your own risk.
15 Records Retention Policy
Personal information will not be retained for any longer than necessary. The length of time over which data is retained by us will depend upon the circumstances, including the reasons why the personal information was collected. We follow our Records Retention and Erasure Policy which sets out the relevant retention period, based on legislative requirements or business reasons.
In respect of deleting marketing information, see under Marketing above.
16 Access to, Updating, Deleting and Restricting Use of Your Data
You have a right to be informed about any information we collect about you and details of the reasons we do so and the legal basis of this. The purpose of this policy is to inform you. Where appropriate we will also provide you with more specific information during the course of our dealings with you.
We recognise it is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances and to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided.
You have the right to ask us to undertake the following:
- Update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate
- Remove your personal data from our database entirely
- Send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract
- Restrict the use of your personal data to specific circumstances
- Provide you with access to information we hold about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form
If you have any questions about how we collect and use your information, or your rights as referred to above, please email our Director responsible for Data Protection at email@example.com specifying your name and the action you would like us to take. Alternatively, any requests may be sent to our address given at the base of this policy.
17 Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
18 Changes to our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
We reserve the right to update this Privacy and Data Protection Policy at any time, and any changes we make to our privacy policies will be posted on our website.
19 Staff Training
We provide training to our staff on our privacy policies and data protection protocols, and dealing with and transferring confidential information.
20 Contact Us
We have appointed a Director responsible for Data Protection, Tim Ashton, to oversee our privacy and data protection policies. If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this please contact us at the address below or by email at email@example.com. This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise.
Hunters is a trading name of Hunter & Partners Limited
Registered in England no 02290829
Space One Beadon Road London W6 0EA
The Company’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Registration Reference number is Z7376851